Posted June 18, 2004
Skill: Sucking up a massive roller
Last weekend Jon Watt was having fun dropping off this stack of logs. Even cooler: He turned around, pedaled like mad and rolled back up it.
Here's how he did it:
- First, he used some of that Watt power to achieve ramming speed.
- He whipped up a big manual.
- He reached the logs fully extended (A).
- He let his rear wheel hit the bottom log, which popped his bike into the air (B).
- He sucked his bike up and let it roll lightly over the top logs (C).
- Note how his head and shoulders went straight over the logs while his bike dealt with all the violence.